Guide to Doing Business
in Suriname

Nuisance license

Certain business may require a license pursuant to the Nuisance Act (Hinderwet) to be able to conduct their business. A license application must be sent to the relevant district commissioner in Suriname.

A new license is required with regards to expansions (of the facilities), another method of manufacturing, an installation that has not been used for the past four years and will be used again and for the restoration of an installation that has been destroyed due to its nature or use of the installation.