Guide to Doing Business
in Saba

Trust & management companies

According to Financial Markets (BES islands) Act De Nederlandsche Bank supervises trust companies within the BES islands.

Trust companies operating in or from the BES islands need a license from De Nederlandsche Bank to conduct their activities.To be able to obtain a license, the applicant must have its registered office and principal place of business in the BES islands and must satisfy the requirements laid down by De Nederlandsche Bank concerning:

  • Competence and integrity;
  • Financial security; and
  • Conduct of business.

Furthermore, once the license has been granted, trust companies need to comply continuously with De Nederlandsche Bank directives and policy guidelines for trust companies.